This Summer 2018 edition of the Grenoble Ecole de Management Energy Market Barometer explores the opinion of French energy experts on the state of energy storage technologies in France. The experts were also asked about building energy savings and thermal renovation in France.
Report #10 - Summer 2018
- Flexibility of industrial electricity demand seen as most important flexibility technology in the short run.
- Growth of electricity storage capacity in France regarded necessary in the next 20 years.
- Experts think that high investment costs are the main barrier holding back electricity storage capacity.
- Of all storage options, batteries are expected to provide most storage capacity expansion.
- The residential building stock is the sector with the highest potential to contribute to the French energy transition targets.
- Building codes and financial subsidies offered by government/utilities are the most important drivers of thermal renovation in buildings.
- The 500,000 renovated building annual target of the national plan for thermal renovation is unlikely to be achieved.
- A step-by-step approach for renovation should be promoted by the government.